(MEMPHIS, TN) – Honestly, every regional winning artist is a champion once they set foot in Memphis for the IBC’s. The camaraderie is apparent at every turn. The excitement permeates the air as players get set for the experience of a lifetime at the largest battle of blues band in the world. Not only that, but there is major networking, special showcases, interviews, support workshops, etc., and, okay, the food! We were able to meet and greet with so many of you in Memphis and we do always treasure that and look forward to further those relationships plus watching you along your rising paths. Congratulations to all that represented and to the final winners of the 2019 International Blues Challenge.
-1st Place Ms. Hy-C & Fresh Start (St. Louis Blues Society)
– 2nd Place Sammy Eubanks & the Work’in Class (Washington Blues Society)
– 3rd Place Celso Salim Band (Santa Clarita Valley Blues Society)
– 1st Place Jon Shain (Triangle Blues Society)
– 2nd Place Theresa Malenfant & Scott Medford (East Coast Blues Society)
– GIBSON GUITAR AWARD: Gabe Stillman of the Gabe Stillman Band (Billtown Blues Association)
– MEMPHIS CIGAR BOX GUITAR: Steve Strongman (Grand River Blues Society)
– LEE OSKAR HARMONICA AWARD: Darryl Carriere, of the Celso Salim Band (Santa Clarita Valley Blues Society)
– BEST SELF-PRODUCED CD: Lock Up the Liquor – The Little Red Rooster Blues Band (Central Delaware Blues Society).
Photos: Tom Andrews