(Clarksdale, MS) – Established in 1979 by the Carnegie Public Library Board of Trustees and re-organized as a stand-alone museum in 1999, the Delta Blues Museum is Mississippi’s oldest music museum. Here are some events coming up at the museum:
- August 11 – 14, 2016 Sunflower River Blues & Gospel Festival
- Special Museum hours on Sunday, August 14 from 1-5pm
- August 12, Delta Blues Museum Band Performance On the DBM Main Stage, at 5pm
- August 12, Booksigning With Judy Flowers “Clarksdale and Coahoma County (Images of America)” author leads a Q&A in the DBM classroom. Open to the public, at 1:30pm
- August 13, Booksigning With Joe Rosen “Blues Hands” author leads a Q&A in the DBM classroom. Open to the public, at 2:30pm.
The Delta blues Museum is a 2013 recipient of the IMLS National Medal for Museum and Library Services–the nation’s highest honor for museum and library service to the community–and a 2014 recipient of the National Arts & Humanities’ Youth Program Award, the Delta Blues Museum is dedicated to creating a welcoming place where visitors find meaning, value and perspective by exploring the history and heritage of the unique American musical art form, the Blues. The Museum is also recognized as a Great River Road Interpretive Center.
For more information on events or programs, please call (662) 627-6820, or visit the Museum web site at www.deltabluesmuseum.org.