(ROSARITO, MX) – Blues Against Hunger or BAHS, is an organization with a simple mission: To produce live blues music events that promote the collection and distribution of non-perishable food to the hungry while supporting, promoting and preserving the blues in the communities we serve. Food gets distributed in each community by local food banks and other service groups. To date we have collected and distributed over 27,000 pounds of food in Mexico and the US. Unfortunately, in the current Pandemic conditions globally, all opportunities to gather together in person to celebrate with the blues have ceased. We cannot continue our mission without blues. For this reason, we invite you to join us Easter Sunday, April 12, 2020 from 10am-6pm as we gather together online with very special guests, to celebrate the blues and continue the fight to end hunger. Get ready for live interviews, music, laughter, and love with hosts Sixx and “Sweet” Rachel Pack, the founders of BAHS who also perform as Sweet Sixx & the Wild Pack band.
Along with Sweet Sixx & Wild Pack, the lineup includes:
– Multiple award-winning guitarist Kid Ramos from Los Angeles who is currently touring with supergroup, The Proven Ones. Ramos has played with James Harman, Fabulous Thunderbirds, Mannish Boys and many more.
– New York’s Tom Chapin is a musician, entertainer, singer-songwriter, storyteller and 3-time Grammy Award winner.
– Vancouver’s Rio Samaya Band is made up of Pancho and Sal, partners in life as well as in music, and together they create a vortex of energy, love, and happiness.
– Vocalist, educator, author, creativity consultant, Karen Gallinger is long regarded as one of Southern California’s finest jazz vocalists.
– Based in Louisiana, The Chillbillie Twins are performing sisters Pam and Pat who’ve recently become a viral sensation after writing and recording “Corona Virus Blues.”
– Tijuana’s Soy Lola is dubbed the Queen of Blues North and brings together local blues musicians to share the joy of making music.
– Based in San Felipe, Baja, Mexico, veteran guitarist, singer, songwriter Bobby Tee currently fronts the band Rock Soul and is also a Pastor.
– Award-winning, international touring Blues-American Roots band Black Market III is based in San Diego and plays full-blown concerts to semi-acoustic, to traditional blues to their trademarked “Grease Punk.”
– Based in Vista, California, Mystic Daze are musicians steeped in blues and rock since the 60s, and perform country blues, Chicago blues, classic rock and originals.
– San Diego’s Chickenbone Slim is an artist that mixes original blues and swing music with traditional covers. He fronts his popular band, Chickenbone Slim & The Biscuits.
– From New Orleans, soulful singer, songwriter Lisa Cee, formerly based in Southern California, has been the leader of the house band for the prestigious Gibson Guitar Lodge at the renowned Sundance Film Festival since 2008.
– Mexico City blues guitarist and composer Miguel Korsa has been a guest performer at NAMM the last two years. He’s also Mexico City’s Chapter Director for the Blues Against Hunger Society. With Miguel will be harmonica virtuoso and composer José Cruz Camargo Zurita.
– Bill “Sauce Boss” Wharton from Florida has brought his swamp-funk, slide guitar-one-man band, and a pot of gumbo all across the US and to Canada, Europe, and Asia. Sauce Boss cooks gumbo while performing; serving up bowls to the audience at the end of the shows.
– Michele Lundeen, San Diego’s award-winning “Queen of Steam,” blends classic and roadhouse blues, rhythm & blues, jump swing, Memphis groove, sultry jazz, and funky soul.
The Blues Against Hunger Society is dedicated to giving hunger the blues. Our mission is to produce blues concert food drives that promote the donation of non-perishable food while preserving the blues. Blues Against Hunger Society believes hunger and blues come from the same origin – poverty. Blues overcame being a music of the impoverished to become an inspiration and element of all western music since. It’s with this power of the blues, that we fight to overcome hunger.
Donations will be accepted via links provided during the telethon. For more info, or to become a BAHS member for free or to even start a BAHS chapter in your own community, please find complete details at the links below.