(Gainesville, FL) – The North Central Florida Blues Society’s 6th annual Women in Blues Showcase will be held on May 19th at Cypress & Grove (1001 NW 4th St in Gainesville, Florida), a fantastic, woman-owned venue. Join us in celebrating the Blues and the important role female performers have played, do play, and will play in keeping the genre vibrant. The event will run from 3-7 pm.
The performers this year include International Blues Challenge participants (including Finalists and Semifinalists) and regional and national touring acts in addition to some of North Central Florida’s top female talent.
This year’s performers in order of appearance:
- Melanie Murray (Gainesville, FL)
- Nora Gauck (Keystone Heights, FL)
- Amanda Ferwerda (Gainesville, FL)
- Barbara Paul Armbrecht (Gainesville, FL)
- Michelle Banfield (Gainesville, FL)
- Tullie Brae (Nashville, TN)
- Doris A. Fields (Beckley, WV)
- Bridget Kelly (Gainesville, FL)
- Niecie (Detroit, MI/Nashville, TN)
- Patti Parks (Buffalo, NY)
- Beverley Perrone (Chicago, IL)
- Brigitte Rios Purdy (Los Angeles, CA)
- Deb Ryder (Topanga, CA)
- Queen Iretta Sanders (Jackson, MS)
- Sheba the Mississippi Queen (Ocala, FL)
- Pam Taylor (Lancaster, SC)
- Ruth Wyand (Kill Devil Hills, NC)
- Christine Alexander (Pensacola, FL), drums
- Leigh-Anne Stanton (Ottawa, ON), bass
- Pam Taylor (Lancaster, SC), guitar
The North Central Florida Blues Society, Inc. is a non-profit organization whose purpose is to preserve, cultivate, nurture and promote the Blues and support Blues performance in North Central Florida while providing an increased awareness and appreciation for Blues music through education, promotion and performance.
If you wish to donate to support the NCFBS Women in Blues Showcase or purchase advance admission to the event you can use the PayPal button on the web page (tickets are $10 plus processing fees).
See more at Women In Blues