(ROCKFORD, IL) – At one of the biggest Blues events of the season, fans and artists celebrated the 11th Annual Blues Blast Music Awards at Tebala Event Center in Rockford, Illinois. On Saturday, September 29, 2018, Blues Blast magazine announced the winners of the 2018 Blues Blast Music Awards in ceremonies held at the Tebala Event Center in Rockford, Illinois.
Internationally beloved blues masters Rick Estrin & The Nightcats won the coveted award for Band Of The Year. The Blues Blast Music Awards are presented by Blues Blast magazine. Voting was open to subscribers to the online publication. In addition to the Blues Blast Award, Rick Estrin & The Nightcats also hold the 2018 Blues Music Award for Band Of The Year. Estrin also won Blues Music Awards for Song Of The Year for “The Blues Ain’t Goin’ Nowhere,” from the band’s latest CD, Groovin’ In Greaseland, and for Traditional Blues Male Artist Of The Year.
The 2018 Blues Blast winners in the fan voting are listed below. Congratulations to all the nominees and winners!
The 2018 Blues Blast Music Award Winners
– Contemporary Blues Album: Danielle Nicole – Cry No More
– Traditional Blues Album: Kim Wilson – Blues And Boogie Vol 1
– Soul Blues Album: Bettye LaVette – Things Have Changed
– Rock Blues Album: Walter Trout – We’re All In This Together
– Acoustic Blues Album: Sonny Landreth – Recorded Live In Lafayette
– Live Blues Recording: Muddy Waters – Live At Rockpalast
– Historical Or Vintage Recording: Muddy Waters – Live At Rockpalast
– New Artist Debut Album: Heather Newman – Burn Me Alive
– Blues Band: Rick Estrin & The Nightcats
– Male Blues Artist: Walter Trout
– Female Blues Artist: Beth Hart
– Sean Costello Rising Star Award: Heather Newman