DANA POINT, CA – Celebrating 18 years of Blues On The Beach, the Doheny Blues Festival is proud to present another stellar lineup of talent for its upcoming weekend of music, slated for Saturday and Sunday, May 16th and 17th. The nationally-recognized festival is headlined by 10-time GRAMMY Award winner Bonnie Raitt, the voice of Bad Company Paul Rodgers, the incomparable Boz Scaggs and many others, performing on three stages at the beachfront venue of Doheny State Beach in Dana Point, CA. Tickets are on sale now.
Doheny Blues Festival takes pride in its introduction of new artists, and this year is no exception as we welcome Tennessee folk artist Valerie June to the festival, as well as 12-year old guitar wonderkid Brandon “Taz” Niederauer, who will join Otis Taylor and his band. First time performers also include Mud Morganfield, the eldest son of Muddy Waters (performing with Kim Wilson), fiery vocalist Beth Hart, The Mavericks, The Rebirth Brass Band, Carolyn Wonderland and Lurrie Bell. Continuing the tradition of importing musicians for the festival, Nico Wayne Toussaint will travel from France to Dana Point, Brazilian guitarist Igor Prado will present a blues revue on the intimate Backporch Stage, and Trickbag from Sweden will host the Official After-Party on Saturday night, May 16, at Stillwater Spirits & Sounds in Dana Point.
Doheny State Beach, a 62-acre California State Park, has been home to the Doheny Blues Festival for eighteen consecutive years and has an expansive beach, breathtaking harbor views, overnight camping and a spacious, grass park where three stages are erected. The intimate Backporch Stage allows fans to sit up close to the artists at picnic tables, while enjoying a tasty selection of microbrews. Other things to enjoy during the weekend are the International Food Court, eclectic Vendor Village with 50+ unique booths, Wine Lounge, and free Bike Valet.
The complete line-up for the 2015 Doheny Blues Festival is as follows:
- Bonnie Raitt • Paul Rodgers
- Boz Scaggs • Taj Mahal Trio • Los Lobos • Beth Hart
- The Mavericks • Dave Alvin & Phil Alvin and The Guilty Ones
- Mud Morganfield with Kim Wilson • North Mississippi Allstars
- Valerie June • Rebirth Brass Band • Carolyn Wonderland
- Otis Taylor Band with Brandon “Taz” Niederauer • Lurrie Bell
- Eric Lindell & The Company with Anson Funderburgh • Candye Kane
- Igor Prado’s Blues Revue with Mitch Kashmar, Jai Malano & Friends
- Nico Wayne Toussaint from France • Big Jon & The Nationals
- Trickbag from Sweden hosting the Official After-Party • Ben Powell • Whitney Shay
Tickets for the 2015 Doheny Blues Festival are selling quickly, so visit www.dohenybluesfestival.com for more information or call 949-360-7800.