Sizzling hot guitar solos, smooth and soulful vocals, high-energy stage performance, and backed by a rhythm section that is second to none, this IS Dennis Jones. Check out a live show, and you’ll instantly agree, this band ROCKS the blues like NO other!
Dennis’s feet are firmly rooted in the past, yet his heart and soul are connected to the present. He writes songs that seamlessly blend the best of both worlds, presenting a unique and contemporary style of American rock and blues. And unlike others, he isn’t afraid to tackle the controversial issues of today.
Since 2003 Dennis has released five original CDs and a DVD that were met with rave reviews. Both Sides of the Track, the new 2016 release from Dennis Jones has been in the top 20 Roots and Blues music charts since its release in February. Standout songs “Enjoy The Ride,” “Mr. Right” and “The Machine” are being played on B.B. King’s Bluesville and many other Blues and Roots radio stations around the country and other parts of the world.
For the past year and a half Dennis has been touring with a new band. “They push me every night to play my best,” he says. They’ll be headlining the Blues & Bones Festival in Angels Camp, CA in July, Blues on the Bank and Kuna Days in Idaho, The Alaska Blues Festival, and a European Tour in November. “Every year our fan base grows as we tour and play more venues and concerts,” says Dennis. “Always looking forward to the future!”
Quotes from Both Sides of the Track
“The genre is contemporary blues, and Jones plays serious guitar with the heart of a bluesman and the soul of a Baptist minister” – Oscar Jordan Vintage Guitar Magazine April
“He’s a killer guitarist and vocalist with a knack for writing memorable songs…backed by a powerhouse band.” – Graham Clark, Blues Bites
“Dennis can play with the best, sing with the best, and hold the audience in the palm of his hand.” – Blue Barry-Rocky Mountain Blues Society.
“Playing a guitar and coaxing out notes that breathe fire, rise like flames, pop like fireworks, and fall like missiles…..that is electric. That is the side of the Blues where Los Angeles based bluesman Dennis Jones works his trade.” – Danny McCloskey: The Alternate Root
“For Hendrix and Vaughn fans it doesn’t get much better than this.” – Wayne Goins: Living Blues Magazine April
Quick Facts about Dennis Jones:
- Influences include The Three Kings, Jimi Hendrix, Jimmy Page
- Stint with Brian O’Neal & the BusBoys “Boys are Back in Town,” 2001-03
- Won Int’l Blues Competition (IBC), 2004, as part of Zac Harmon’s band
- Award Presenter at Blues Music Awards in Memphis, TN, in May 2012
- Produced Four Shades of Blue at New Daisy Theater on Beale St, Memphis, TN, in May 2012, featuring Dennis Jones Band, Zac Harmon, Eddie Turner, and special guest, Lazy Lester
- Performed on the October 2014 Legendary Rhythm and Blues Cruise
- Tours of Europe include Italy, France, Germany, Austria, and Switzerland
- Served as a Judge at IBC for Blues Foundation in Jan 2014, Memphis, TN
- Opened for such greats as Buddy Guy, Johnny Winter, John Mayall, Dick Dale, and Experience Hendrix Tour
- Released 5 original CDs + DVD on Blue Rock Records: latest release Feb. 2016